Updated December 2020
In order to configure your Tuya and Firebase projects so the Copilot deployment can access the data, here are the steps to follow:
Configuring the Tuya cloud
Follow Tuya's Cloud Quick Start Guide to activate the could connection. Make sure to do complete the following items while you activate the cloud:
- After completing the project creation, send us the Access Key and Secret in a secure way.
- During "Scan QR code to authorize", Make sure to connect the correct app, either via QA or via "Link devices by Apps".
- During "Unlock development Capabilities" apply for all permissions (Note: there is more than one page of APIs).
- While Activating the message service make sure to add all Data Centers.
If you have any issues in the activation of your cloud subscription, please contact your Tuya Account Manager and CC your Copilot Customer Success Manager to help in the case.
Extracting cloud information
Under "App", Extract and send us the iOS Bundle ID, Android Package Name, and Channel Identifier.
Adding the Copilot user to the Tuya console
Adding Tuya Analytics user
Go to the Firebase project you have configured for the Tuya platform
Tuya uses Firebase in order to send your Android users Push Notifications. If you have any issues in the finding the correct Firebase project, please contact your Tuya Account Manager and CC your Copilot Customer Success Manager to help in the case.
Go to “Users and permissions”, and add this user with Viewer roles:
Add an iOS app to Firebase
Normally, you should only have an Android application created for Tuya's push services.
Under “General”, scroll to “Your apps”, and add a new iOS app
- The Bundle ID is the same Bundle ID you see in your Tuya IoT Console under App -> Certification
- You can find your App Store ID in your app's URL. For instance, 123456789 would be the App Store ID, if your link looks like this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yourapp/id123456789
Connect Copilot to Firebase
Follow the Firebase Configuration steps in order to connect your Firebase project to Copilot.
You're all done
Contact your customer success manager with any questions