Updated July 2020
CopilotConnect includes a fully GDPR compliant user and device management system built-in.
The steps below are all you need to get Copilot up, running, and interacting with users, they involve utilizing CopilotConnect operational and data features that enable Copilot to automatically understand and Engage with the users.
Read more at Copilot CX
Step 1 (5 min.) - Configure Firebase
Whether in a newly created Firebase project or have one already in use, go through 6 simple Firebase Configuration steps.
Step 2 (20 min.) - Add in Copilot SDK
For In-App messaging in iOS, make sure to incorporate Online Marketplaces support to enable Copilots deep Marketplace integrations.
Step 3 (3h) - Manage your users and devices through Copilot
- Utilize Authentication to register users either anonymously or with an email and password. Some notes:
- Use silent login when needed for a session, i.e. when the user enters the app after it completely closes / after a long time.
- Give users the option to logout from an authenticated user, if you ever need it.
- When a user first connects to a device, associate the pair in order to work together.
Step 4 (30 min.) - Test it out
- Let’s start testing by triggering a basic event, such as Onboarding started.
- For a direct test of events, you can see all your events in Firebase debug view.
- To do a complete End-to-end test:
- Run the app.
- Go to Copilot dashboard -> Support -> Main, and search for the user you played with.
- Under “User events” you will be able to see all the events you sent from the app (May take up to 1.5h due to Firebase Analytics data flows)
Step 5 (30 min.) - Know your users, devices, and everything in between
The following 3 events will enable the full set of out-of-the-box engines to run from the get-go:
- Onboarding started/ended - At the start and end of the Onboarding process, it normally starts when the user registers and ends when the device is functional, i.e. after connecting to wifi/Bluetooth, or even doing a short configuration procedure.
- Device Discovered / Connected - The more information about the status of the device, the better, especially during onboarding.
Step 6 (30 min. - 2h) - Sharing is caring
The more you share with us about your users' activity, the more accurate your analytics, campaigns, and overall understanding of your status will be.
- Add custom events for things your users are doing, like "Coffee Made" or "Door Opened", or any other activity your unique product does.
- Go through some of our recommendations and examples for some generic custom events that can be added in with a single line of code.
(Optional) Step 7 (30 min) - Connect a proprietary server
From there, you can:
- Send device and custom events directly from your physical device.
- Create an authenticated session, to gain access to, and manipulate users and devices.
- Validate end-user credentials to gain access to relevant information outside the app.
(Optional) Step 8 - Much, much more
CopilotConnect offers full control of your users and data, here's a shortlist of more to read on the operational abilities:
- Application - Allows you to control dynamic FAQ, PP, and T&C links, versions for force upgrade, and password policy.
- User - Access and update users authentication and data, including:
- Thing - Get all devices and device data associated to a user.
- Refer a friend - An embedded screen that allows an active user in your system to share a coupon to your Shopify store, which in turn grants his friends a discount in purchasing your product.
- In-app messages - Control when Automatic in-app messages should not be shown in the app.
Contact your customer success manager / sales representative for a short Q&A